Make Your Home Fire Safe

A friend shared this story with me just the other day. Their landlord had left a candle burning in their prayer room at night in celebration of Guru Nanak Dev’s birthday. They woke up in the wee hours of the morning to find a full raging fire in the prayer room.

It seems the candle fell and the table cloth caught fire. The sound of the fire crackers overpowered the sizzling fury of the fire burning inside. Fortunately there was no loss to life and the fire brigade arrived in time to douse the fire.

Many years ago a very dear friend lost his life to a candle flame lit inside the house on Diwali night. Please make sure you never leave a candle burning unattended into the night. If you must light a flame, please use a tea light placed in a stone holder to make your home fire proof.


Leave a Reply

Ask your question


Your question has been sent!

Please fill out the form below.

Name *
Email *
URL (include http://)
Subject *
Question *
* Required Field